The Suffield Observer is currently seeking "Editors of the Month" for their May, June, October, November and December/January issues. Students entering their senior year in high school are also needed for the September issue. If interested contact The Obsever at 860-668-7442.
Being an editor is a fun way to learn all about the paper and the commitment is for one month only! Responsibilities include:
- Meet with editor-in-chief to discuss and brainstorm ideas for the issue.
- Attend editorial board meeting – this is always the first Monday of the month. The last month’s edition is reviewed and discussion is held about the current month’s edition.
- Call reporters – this is done early in the month to give reports enough time to meet the deadline of the 15th of the month.
- Read and edit all copy – this process occurs from the 10th to the 17th of the month.
- Write editorial – each editor can write his/her own editorial or only one can write an editorial if both are not moved to do so. The deadline is the 15th of the month.
- Advise editor in chief of choices for front page articles and photos. It is ultimately the editor-in-chief’s final decision on the selection of front page material but input is certainly respected and appreciated.