Human resources will take a leadership role and provide service in support of The Town of Suffield by promoting the concept that our employees are the most valuable resource and will be treated as such. The Human Resources Department will act as a catalyst to enable Town of Suffield employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the success and operation of the Town.
We will do this by:
- Recruitment of qualified individuals
- Retention of valuable employees
- Training, development and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the Town
- A safe and healthy working environment
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee morale through recognition, effective communication and feedback
- Resources for administering benefits, policies and procedures
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality
- Maintain compliance with employment and labor laws, town directives and labor agreements
Certified Police Officer | Applications.PoliceDept.CertifiedPoliceOfficer.pdf
Suffield Police Department is currently accepting applications for current Connecticut P.O.S.T.C. Certified Police Officers for the position of Police Officer. Applicants must be either active Connecticut P.O.S.T.C certified police officers in good standing with their current department, or have retired in good standing, still having Connecticut P.O.S.T.C Police Officer certification status.
Pay: $58,364 to $70,054 salary based on experience; $10,000 hiring bonus for sufficiently experienced certified officers
Youth Services Coordinator | Application.YouthServices.Coordinator.pdf
The Town of Suffield introduces a great opportunity for a part time Youth Services Coordinator. Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, dynamic, customer service orientated, and possesses the ability to work independently.
Pay: $28.00 / hr, Part Time (19 hrs)
Animal Control Officer | Application.PoliceDept.AnimalControlOfficer.pdf
The Town of Suffield is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Animal Control Officer. This is a part time (19 hour per week), hourly position in the Police Department. Animal Control officers must have knowledge of a wide variety of animal species, animal first aid, animal care and nutrition, humane capture tools and techniques, animal behavior, public relations, and cruelty investigation procedures.
Pay: $13 / hr (uncertified), $17 / hr (certified), Part Time (19 hrs)
SVAA Paramedic | Application.SVAA.Paramedic.pdf
The Suffield Volunteer Ambulance Associate (SVAA) is seeking a full time experienced Paramedic. This position is responsible for providing emergency medical services, operating specially equipped medical emergency vehicles, engaged in providing medical emergency services, maintain two-way radio contact with, and receive direction from, monitoring hospital physicians who provide advice during a time of medical need.
Pay: $21.50 / hr, Full Time
Lifeguard for Babb's Beach | Application.BabbsBeach.LifeGuard.pdf
The Suffield Parks & Recreation Department is looking for qualified lifeguards to work weekends at Babb’s Beach this summer. Applicants must have current Lifeguard and Waterfront Certifications along with first aid and C.P.R. training. In addition, we are accepting applications for Gate Attendants to collect fees and check passes on weekends at Babb’s beach.
Listing files in 'Employee Resources'
How to Apply for a Town of Suffield Position
- Fill out an Employment Application
- Sign the Application
- Submit Resume with Application, if desired
Please complete application in its entirety regardless of resume submission
- Mail completed applications to:
Human Resources Department
Town of Suffield
230C Mountain Road
Suffield, CT 06078
- Or Fax to (860) 668 3317
- Or Email at email@example.com
- Please ensure applications are received or postmarked by closing date