The Town Clerk's office is the official record keeper for the Town of Suffield, responsible for recording, maintaining and certifying land records (including deeds, mortgages, liens, maps, and any other related documents); vital statistics (births, marriages, civil unions, and deaths); minutes and agendas of Suffield's boards and commissions; and other Town records.
- Birth records are confidential in Connecticut and require positive identification in order to obtain a copy
- To apply, complete Birth Certificate Request Form
The State of Connecticut requires all dogs to be licensed in order to keep track of rabies information. To apply, complete the Dog License Application Form.
Renew your dog's license online:
Suffield's Online Dog License Renewal System
Yearly during month of June
For the initial license please bring a certificate from the veterinarian indicating if the animal is spayed or neutered and current rabies information.
$8 for spayed or neutered dogs
$19 for all others
$1 per month
Online Land Record Database
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
NOTICE OF FEE INCREASE: LAND RECORD RECORDINGS
Effective December 1, 2017
- Fee to record document on land records - $60.00 for first page
- $5.00 each additional page and $2.00 fee for conveyances over $2,000 remain unchanged
- Fee for filing Foreclosed Property Registrations - $60.00
- Nominee (MERS) fees unchanged – remain flat fee of $159.00 for Releases and Assignments (when Nominee is Releasor/Grantor); $159.00 plus $5.00 for each additional page for other Nominee (MERS) recordings
Documents received after December 1st without the proper fee will be returned.
Marriage License Requirements
- Birthplace of Applicants
- Birthplace, Parents of Applicants
- Maiden Name, Mothers of Applicants
Marriage License Fee:
$50, cash or check only
$20 for certified copies, available after ceremony
Military Separation Papers
- Sport license valid for calendar year, January to December
- Hunting License requires certificate of completion from hunter's safety course
- Fishing License available to residents 16+ years; children under 16 permitted with licensed adult
- Certified copies of vital records are available for $20 each to authorized recipients
- Make checks payable to "Town of Suffield"
- Mail completed form, payment, and appropriate ID to:
Town of Suffield
Attn: Town Clerk
83 Mountain Road
Suffield, CT 06078